Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rock n' Roll on life support?

I feel it's time to discuss my favorite bands and dislikes of other bands, genres and artists. It's sort of obvious that my favorite band of all time is hands down The Beatles. I love everything about the music and their personalities. I also grew up listening to queen and whatever else my dad liked or felt like listening to like Warren Zevon, Paul Simon, Neil young,Harry Chapin, Bobby Darrin and dean Martin among many other artists and so I can thank my father for influencing me by playing that music.
It really disgusts me when I see all these teenagers and young people obsessed with this just awful rap and crap pop music. Most of the stuff isn't real music and you can tell the "artists" take like absolutely no time with the whole album because they come out with a new album like every few months. All the songs sound the same with the same fake terribly annoying drum beat and senseless, vulgar and terrible lyrics.
When did good, real music stop being made? It almost seems like no one knows or wants to compose decent rock and roll music no matter what the kind. Now I'm sure there are some good rock bands out there, they just aren't in the mainstream which is a whole other problem real rock and roll bands seem to be facing nowadays. In the famous Neil Young song the learned man simply states in a beautifully melodic singing voice " Rock and Roll will never die" many believe this to be undoubtedly true though with the lack of current bands focusing on actual rock and roll music and experimenting with new techniques and genres it seems old genres seem to be fading away, values, techniques and plain old tradition is quickly becoming unidentifiable in today's music. So with that I hate to say it as I've always agreed with Neil Young but rock and roll is on life support. Maybe I am being overdramatic or extreme but if there's is not something done about todays music and the industry or I fear the worst a world without Rock n' Roll.

1 comment: